Ensured responsiveness in U.S. foreign affairs.
Asia is the world’s fastest-growing region, home to more than half of the world’s population. With continually evolving economic and political dynamics, USAID’s Bureau for Asia faces changing U.S. foreign policy objectives and ambitious mandates.
USAID’s Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs is responsible for managing and coordinating the Agency’s external affairs. It serves as USAID’s central point of contact regarding the Agency’s international development programs and policies with Congress, the media, interested stakeholders from the international development community, and the American people.
To remain responsive to changing demands and periods of flux, these two bureaus required a flexible and adaptive workforce. Dexis provided long- and short-term support to help meet U.S. foreign policy objectives via a roster of highly qualified, fully vetted professionals and experts across development fields.
- Participated in a rapid assessment in Laos to identify opportunities for USAID to strengthen basic education as part of Let Girls Learn, a U.S. Government initiative aimed at ensuring that adolescent girls get the education they deserve.
- Conducted a countering violent extremism (CVE) assessment in the Maldives along with local staff, civil society organizations, government ministries, and the private sector.
- Provided communications training to Mission employees from across the Asia region.
- Led social media strategy and engagement for Bureau for Asia, ensuring internal compliance with USAID branding, marking, and messaging.
- Spearheaded speechwriting efforts of Agency leaders, covering topics from religious freedom to private sector engagement.
- Supported USAID’s COVID-19 response by coordinating public communication of ventilator deliveries and donations across 15 countries in the Asia region.
- Developed and implemented an integrated social media strategy for USAID leading to unprecedented growth across the Agency’s social media channels.
- Guided USAID/India’s multi-year communications and outreach strategy to promote understanding and support for USAID programs.