Supported programming in complex and evolving implementing environments.
Asia is the world’s fastest-growing region, home to more than half of the world’s population. With continually evolving economic and political dynamics, USAID’s Bureau for Asia faces changing U.S. foreign policy objectives and ambitious mandates.
USAID’s Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs is responsible for managing and coordinating the Agency’s external affairs. It serves as USAID’s central point of contact regarding the Agency’s international development programs and policies with Congress, the media, interested stakeholders from the international development community, and the American people.
Dexis provided crucial operational, technical, and programmatic services to assist the Bureau for Asia, LPA, and USAID missions in managing their programs in Washington, D.C. and overseas. Dexis’ work emphasized managing large, fast-moving development, reconstruction, and rehabilitation activities, as well as country programs in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pacific Islands, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam. Dexis’ support also included administrative, communications, legislative affairs, financial, and budgetary assistance. We applied our significant experience operating projects in complex environments to ensure the success of activities, including managing the delivery of educational materials, public communications and outreach, and health and nutrition services.
- Planned, monitored, coordinated and reported on office and mission program activities.
- Provided logistical and support services for Missions.
- Advised on programs of humanitarian response, emergency measures, and natural disasters.
- Analyzed development indicators and trends for program design and strategy development.
- Maintained records, security schedules, and covering administrative responsibilities.
- Drafted background papers, talking points, and written statements for mission leadership.
- Supported the Bureau and missions with financial management and budgetary operations.
- Spearheaded change management exercises for the OAPA and Asia Bureau merger.